Oenology and quality approach consulting
The rapidly changing context for wineries:
- the implementation of new European wine making regulations;
- regulatory requirements of traceability and hygiene;
- quality approaches are increasingly requested by the downstream major operators in particular, and are becoming a prerequisite for supermarket access;
- specific standards are required in some organic export markets: Bud (Switzerland) and NOP (National Organic Program, USA)
- quality certification requirements are appearing on the bulk wine market
Producers and trading companies must evolve quickly to integrate HACCP as a first step towards the implementation of quality initiatives. HACCP is used to prioritise risks in terms of hygiene and prepare the integration of other quality standards. Support in the implementation is necessary and is provided by Sudvinbio.
The implementation of the new European regulation requires guidance in wine making techniques and inputs consistent with the regulation standards.
Specific support is provided regarding the preparation for the NOP certification required in the USA (for the content of this standard see the regulations section). Indeed, the standards required by U.S. regulations for organic products are different to European standards.
Contact Valerie Pladeau by e-mail: