Sudvinbio aims to:
- Represent its members
- Defend their interests
- Organize and understand the organic wine market
- Organise support services and provide advice for its members
- Promote cooperation between the two groups
- Promote organic wines.
The association has three types of activity:
Every year, Sudvinbio organises:
- The Millésime Bio trade show which takes place at the Parc des Expositions in Montpellier in late January each year
- The Challenge Millésime Bio International Competition (mid-January)
- Sudvinbio also regularly organises purchasing missions, press trips and participates in various exhibitions such as BioFach in Nuremberg and Vinisud.
Defence and representation of members' interests with regards to public administrations
Sudvinbio participates, through the inter-regional organisation Sud et Bio, in regional discussions on the orientation of the organic viticulture at the DRAAF, the Regional Council and AgriMer France.
Member Services: wine production technical consulting, wine-making and quality procedures
The aim is to provide technical support in viticulture, oenology and quality initiatives for our members.
Nicolas Constant, viticulture consulting engineer, is devoted to experimentation, the acquisition and dissemination of information regarding organic viticulture techniques: plant protection, cultivation, dealing with weeds and fertilization.
Valérie Pladeau, consulting engineer in oenology and quality process in wine-making, is a specialist in various national organic regulations. She is your contact for information on the implementation of the new European wine-making regulations. She also works to support the implementation of HACCP, NOP (organic certification in the U.S.) and the Swiss bud.